This is going to be a very quick post- hope it makes sense and doesn't have too many errors. Just need to get this down before I forget it and I have only a few minutes right now to do it.
This morning I was laying next to Cade trying to wake him for school. Half asleep he curled up next to me and we snuggled and talked. He is such a sweetie sometimes!
We layed (Is this not a word? Is it lay, or lie, or lyed or lied? My brain is going to mush at this late hour. Anyway,I just noticed the spell check symbol and decided to try it and it does not recognize the work layed- DUMB! with more research at another time I will find out exactly which one if us is the dumb one!) there and talked for a few minutes and one thing I asked was if school was going ok for him. He said it was in fact going a lot better because he was faster now. I knew exactly what he meant. His teacher has said he takes F O R E V E R to get any work done. It's not because he talks and is off task, it is just because Cade is so dang particular. If he cuts something and the edge isn't perfectly straight then he cuts and cuts and cuts until not only is it now straight but it is half the size it should be because he has taken so much off to try to get it perfect. He is like this with coloring and writing as well. His teacher has been working with him so that he will know it doesn't matter if it is perfect it just matters that it is finished. So according to Cade he is doing better at this.
He then said that a bad thing at school is that he doesn't like sitting by Joshua. (When we walk home from the busstop we usually talk about one good thing/positive and one bad thing/negative that happened at school today.)And then he said Joshua's breath is really nasty (while saying this he crinkled up his nose in disgust and used a sort of nasally tone). Cade was very serious when he said this and was very matter of fact. He said he tried to tell Joshua about his stinky breath and the kid just said, "No it doesn't smell nasty." Cade said to me, "I think it smells really nasty so why doesn't he think it does?"
Then on to a new topic...
I asked him if anyone else sits by him and he said a few names, one of which is a darling girl named Alana. I said, "Oh I like her. Don't you? I bet her breath doesn't smell so nasty. She's a cute girl, isn't she?" And he said, "Mom, she was marrying Gabriel but now she's marrying Gage" (I think that was his name) "but maybe they are just gonna date for a while". He's 5 and in kindergarten!!! I didn't even know what it meant to DATE until I was like very old- GEEZ!
Then I asked him which girl was marrying him. He said he was gonna marry Mommy or Cloee, it was too cute.
But then he said, "I kissed Emma". *giggle*giggle*giggle* (We later found out that either Alana kissed Gage on the nose or Gage kissed her on the nose, but Cade couldn't remember who did it to who. So at least he's not the only kindergarten kisser. Let's not forget that his big sister won the title of Kindergarten Kissing Queen! He must've learned from the pro. Small tangent, sorry.)
"Oh you did?"
"Yeah, on the bus. But Miss Taffy (he calls her that even though her name is really Kathy) says there's no kissing on the bus (with another wrinkled nose as if to say 'bummer, huh Mom?')." Carlee walked in at this time and Cade is still giggling, as am I. Carlee asked why we were laughing and Cade says, "Cuz I kissed Emma on the bus". Right away Carlee started shooting off a million questions right away, just like a nosy older sister would! "Where did you kiss her?!? Why did you kiss her?!?" He says, "I kissed her on both cheeks because she had nice shoes and a pretty backpack."
So that's all it takes, huh? I think I might buy myself some nice shoes and a pretty purse and walk past Will and see how he reacts!!!
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Nice Shoes and a Pretty Backpack
Posted by ~Cari at 4:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
That is so adorable!!
Post a Comment