Almost every night Will and I lay in bed and talk about our kids. Especially about how sweet Cade is. He does something blog-worthy pretty much every day. I suppose all three of the kids do blog-worthy things every day. I need to start writing those things down!
The other night Carlee and Cade and I went to run a few errands which included returning the Redbox movies. I pulled up in the fire lane in front of Walgreens and told Carlee to go run the movies in. (I was lucky enough to be parked right where the fireman wanted to park his big fire engine- hate it when that happens. I guess they were returning movies too.) So a minute after Carlee got out Cade started to get out. I asked him where he was going. He said, "I wanted to go check on Carlee. I need to make sure she is ok in there and that she isn't afraid being all alone without you or me, Mommy." It was the sweetest thing and just melted my heart.
I love that Carlee and Cade seem to watch out for each other. I hope they do that always. I hope that even though they are 3 years and 4 grades apart they are always close to each other. They have their moments but nothing too terrible. A little bickering here and there. Nothing unmanageable. When one snaps at the other I love to ask them, "Does this mean I get to go home and have a little fight with Daddy? If you two get to fight then it is only fair that Daddy and I get to fight." (Will and I don't fight too often, it's so rare that they can actually remember the times that we have and the topics we fought about- yikes! guilt!) They don't like that and immediately stop whatever bickering they have going with each other. It's humorous to me, but it gets them to quit.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Posted by ~Cari at 11:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment