Sunday, February 10, 2013

Cade's writing homework assignments 3rd grade

Cade was assigned to write about 'favorite pets' for homework. It was to be a complete paragraph that included proper indenting, capital letters when needed, correct punctuation, most words spelled correctly, a clear and interesting topic sentence, a minimum of four detail sentences, an appropriate concluding sentence, all sentences complete thought with subject and predicate.
Cade had a busy afternoon with scouts and football practice and had to throw this together right before he went to bed. I saw him doing the homework but I never read past the first sentence. He did ask me where pigs live but that is all. When I saw the graded paragraph and read it I couldn't stop laughing. He wasn't even trying to be funny. Will thought it was hilarious as well, so I thought I would document it.

       My favorite pet is a pig. They are pinkish/reddish colored. You usualy (usually) find them at farms, homes or maybe in zoos. They eat, drink, roam around, go to the bathroom, roll in the mud and snort. I picked a pig because there (they're) fast, pink in my seventh favorite color, fun to play with and they can be bacon but thats (that's) sad and yummy at the same time. What is your favorite pet?

SEVENTH favorite color?!?!?!?!?!
sad and yummy at the same time?!?!?!?!

He got a big star on his page and "GREAT!" She liked the fact that he asked the question at the end.


Here's another one I found that he wrote a few days later:

The assignment had the same rules and the class chose to write about "If I was rich"

    If I had a million dollers (dollars) I would buy a safe so I can save it and people can't steal it. I'd buy a sensor for people so they can't steal my money. I will buy a house so I have somewhere to sleep in. But I';;; need a bed to sleep on. I will buy food so I can eat. And a phone so I can call my friends. But I will need to buy a job so I can get more money. What would you do if you had a million dollers?! (dollars)

I love when he says he would 'buy a job', so cute!


And here's another one....

This assignment was "If I was famous"

    If I was famouse (famous) I would... I would want to be a rock star. I'd buy a security system so burglers (burglars) won't steal anything. I would earn my license plate and buy a car. I will go play games and stuff. Best for last... I would purchase a super, fast awesome pink pig. How would you feel if you were famouse? (famous)

I love that he would buy a license plate and that the best for last was the pig and that it would be super, fast and awesome.

I found another writing assignment...

If I found a pot of gold, I would feel excited! First, I'd want to go to every single awesome football game (if I can). Meanwhile, I would go to Jump Street on Tuesdays. Then, I'd try to get on "Survivor" to win more money. The next day I would go to California's relaxing, sunny beach. That's what I would have done!



0 comments: